By way of example:
- he used Parliamentary Privilege to name the mother Vicky Haigh and Doncaster Council:
- the little girl accused her father of abusing her, but ‘the system’ imprisoned her mother and handed custody to the alleged abuser without any contact with her family until she is 18;
- he contributed to many media episodes as the child-snatching issue began to be addressed by mainstream media:
- e.g. Russia Today produced a film on Forced Adoptions;
- together with Austin Mitchell MP, he sponsored the launch of our Association of McKenzie Friends.
On 18 April 2016, he spoke about Celebrity Injunctions and mentioned the Zimbabwe case as an example, without naming either the mother or her teenager son:
- on ITV Good Morning, Britain, he said: the media should act as an equaliser to hold the powerful to account and
- on BBC Radio Belfast he responded to the question: Isn’t there an argument for having an injunction, if children are involved?