- of children taken into ‘care’ – from 47,590 to 69,540 and over 100,000 when taking into account short term placements;
- of children being adopted – from 2,190 to 5,330 [96% against their parents’ will]
- of the percentage of children in care being adopted: from 4% to 8.4%.
Government statistics about Looked After Children are on
- Statistics: looked-after children – from the Department of Education;
- Children’s Social Care Statistics – from OFSTED.
A detailed study of the trends is the basis for the report submitted to the EU Petitions Committee: