The reason for our trip to Brussels was another meeting of the Petitions Committee with petitions relating to child protection on the agenda:
- a Swedish group of 40 lawyers present the problems of child protection starting 34 mins on this video;
- the second petition should have been the story of a Dutch family that was traumatised by Swedish Social Services, but the petitioner didn’t make it in time, so we listened instead:
Here is the recording produced by EP Live:
- the Meeting on 19 April 2016 – (AM)
- the Agenda which covered
- voting on the Report on London Fact Finding Visit (05/06 November 2015)
- the above petition by 40 Swedish Lawyers.
Please note the reasons for what we’re doing in the UK:
Do sign our petition to Abolish Adoptions without Parental Consent to get updates relating to developments within the EU.
We ended up talking extensively to the petitioners as well as Tatjana Zdanoka, the MEP for Latvia on the next post.